PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 05:41
CliveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordon Roxborough
It would be good to know how it was done, but I guess it could have been wired into the emergency flight control system, which relied on electrical strain gauge inputs to move the control surfaces if there was a control column jam

ChristiaanJ

How much of the "rate" control and other A-320 control logic was already implemented in the test system is unknown, AFAIK....
Would be interesting to know some more about it, I agree.

I can't add too much as I was only on the fringes of this.

I think it might have been done by fitting a D/A converter to substitute the digital signals from the sidestick for the normal Concorde stick resolver output. The 'laws' could then be treated as a special case of pitch damper etc. inputs so that the standard Concorde electrical signalling system could be used downstream. I don't know this for sure, it is just a thought - maybe Christiaan could comment on its feasibility.

I think they were looking at at least the rate control but probably not all the envelope protections. Certainly at that time we were having discussions with them about the merits of their FBW laws against the laws we (BAe) were trying out on our BAC1-11 flying test bed. No prizes for guessing who won that argument.

And before anyone asks; no I don't remember (if I ever knew) how we were implementing FBW into the 1-11!

CliveL