PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 03:21
PappyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is that the best hospital in town (FV) doesn't recognize BUPA / PARC's medical insurance provider at all, as the captain who recently had a serious motorbike accident found out, when he had to find a large US$ advance on the credit card before they'd even admit him.
Not at all true. The issue with the FV hospital came about when hospital's admitting receptionist made a decision which was contrary to hospital policy. When the hospital management was made aware of the problem, the money was promptly returned and BUPA's policy took over per the agreement between the hospital and BUPA.

Next; within the hour BUPA telephoned the injured pilot in his hospital room and confirmed that they would be paying ALL the costs, less a very small deductible (100 GBP).

This is not something that I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend. I personally answered the phone call from the BUPA representative who explained all the details, and then relayed that information to the injured pilot myself, so I do know the facts in this particular case.

Regarding other issues concerning the PARC / Rishworth debate, I prefer to remain mute.

Last edited by PappyJ; 24th Apr 2011 at 06:13.