PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ECG fail....
Thread: ECG fail....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 10:08
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And as we debate, another one bites the dust. A regular contributor (411A) to other threads has had a "massive heart attack" and passed on. He was 67 so I can't say how he was still flying in Command of Public Transport aircraft. I did not know him but faced up to many like him. It appears that he was quite hot-headed about most things. My question though; why should any of us croak with a massive heart attack when we are subjected to regular medical checks ?

Oh & 'me too' ! Passed my last Class One but when wired up, the nurse looked concerned, held my hand gently and asked silly things like."Are you OK ?.................Traffic problems getting here ?....Everything OK at home ?" I enquired about her concern and she called the Doc because it looked, according to the machine, that I was having a heart ceasure right there and then ! If she had bothered to look at ME..cool, relaxed, thinking about that long slip of beach in Bongo Bongo, breathing like a Guru freak & trying very hard NOT to focus on her fabbo rear....................er, where was I.....................oh yeah, SHE would have seen that there was nothing wrong with moi ! Doc told everyone to relax and chewed her out for using the machine that was scheduled for Maintenence !!!

I am still at loggerheads with the medical profession. Oh, & they tell us to avoid red wine yet everytime I read something in the Medical Press, I am told that a glass of red wine a day is fantastically good for you !! Stop listening to the quacks. Moderation in everything is the key & TRY to stay away from stress.