PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 08:35
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What i would like to know from prospect is what is the pay rise on offer for nsl controllers.

We were told that they would not accept any difference in pay for nerl and nsl. Also only those units carrying out met will get the extra % pay rise as recompense.

So is nsl being offered 3% as core pay and 2% for met, or 5% and cock all for the met? Either way we have been blatantly lied to by the BEC. It really winds me up reading the few nerl controllers being self centered on here and stating this is a good deal for them and bugger anyone else. I would like to see a separate union for nsl and nerl as I am fed up with getting the scraps of any deal every single time. The union always looks after the big boys, mainly because the BEC is made up of nerl or band 5 controllers, and the minority are forever trodden on.

I can only hope that the unhappiness with the AAVA agreement sinks this deal. There will be units in nsl that will be voting on the met duties who will not have to carry out those duties, heathrow being one of them.

This is the final nail in the atsa coffin at the airports and a vital source of information, safety net, good friends and an essential part of the air traffic team will be lost forever.