PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 08:28
southoftheborder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPIplus1 - Thanks for the correction

Ok, so there was an offer of 2% made, and the union rejected it, too bloody right. And yes, i would agree that had the offer that we have now, have come with no strings, then yes, it would be a good offer. However, it has come with strings, and it has come at a higher offer than our colleagues, so all in all, it will be a resounding NO from me (if anyone had not guessed this by now!), and i agree, that i was very surprised that the union had recommended this. Just another example of the union eating out of managements pocket. At the point where management started attaching strings, the union should have asked for higher. At the point where it became clear there were going to be separate deals, the union should have said no! I believe that the initial offer of 2% was made so that we would get to the point now where we are being offered 5.2% and straight away people would vote yes as it seems like such a good deal in comparison, forget about all the terms and conditions. Management are very good at manipulating their weak minded workforce, and hey presto, here we are with people spouting off about how good an offer it is! Exactly what the suits were hoping for