PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 07:39
southoftheborder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not entirely sure that Prospect members will accept this by a Landslide, TCU.
Krait, really? The general feeling i have been getting from my fellow NERL colleagues is that whilst it is a half decent offer, they are disgusted by the fact that we have been offered more than the ATSA's and engineers, but take out the terms and conditions and is it really a half decent offer? Krait, you seem to be good at putting a positive spin on the figures.... tell us just exactly how much of a rise we will get if we take out all the terms and conditions they are proposing! I doubt it will be all that much.
It really surprises me the lack of passion, the lack of self-respect, the lack of pride but above all THE LACK OF TEAM SPIRIT some of you guys have on here. We really do need to stick together, but the prospect of an offer of 1% more cash and the greedy ATCOs have divided the workforce. Yes, it is management who set the wheels in motion, but it is always the greedy ATCO's that actually cause the division.
Sometimes, it makes me damn bloody ashamed to be an ATCO. There is no fight, no fire. I used to think that the ATCOs were a strong group of formidable people, who faced with anything would stay strong, stick together and fight. We now seem to be in an era where we are nothing but wimps. This is our first published offer, management can improve on it! Where was the actual publication saying that they had offered 2%? Propaganda to make you all believe how good our offer now is, so then the weak minded in you will vote it through, with little regard for the people who fix the radars/ tels or people who pass estimates or put out the strips, people who run around at our beck and call..... people, who, without them, we could not do our jobs!

I can now only hope that the conversations i have had with people, are an indication of actual reality, in that people are not happy with this, and will vote no.