PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silhouette challenge
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2011, 06:44
SincoTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening Greame and a Happy Easter to you too

Are you going to be around for the weekend?? It looks like nearly every other bugger is away at the moment !!

(I notice also that Image Verification is back. )
Not for me just now mate, hopefully it was a temporary glitch !!

I did experience some difficulties after I logged out last night and found that I couldn't navigate away from the Prune Main Forum page that it returned to after log-out, and any selection merely returned to that page, so maybe the previous setup was restored (with verification, but why for each post?) while this new bug was sorted out??

Trevor, am I walking into a trap, as it looks very much like the Sukhoi Su-2 and by the look of Mel's list one we've already had?
Oh dear! It looks like me who's walked into a trap Well spotted mate

σΥΘΟΚ ϋβ

I found it on the Airwar website as "Dry SB Sturmovik Bomber" (see link above), I saw it was down as manufactured by Sukhoi starting in 1938 with first flight in 1940 and did a search for it in Mel's list in all variations without a hit. I looked in aviastar, but missed it on the Sukhoi list as the Su-2 was listed as 1937, and as I'm not in any way as familiar with aircraft of that era as you are, I didn't spot the now obvious similarity of the small image and so didn't open it and see the three-view

Edited to say that the link has come up in Russian, but the translate button will reveal all! Oddly, now I'm looking, I have found the Su-2, but it was under the bomber, rather than the stormtrooper category, with a different three-view and some changed data, but it does include some of the same photos as my entry and I'm sure it's the same machine!!! I have noticed annoying anomalies on this site before and will have to be more cautious in future !

Therefore, I will declare my challenge null and void and call an Open House

Last edited by SincoTC; 23rd Apr 2011 at 07:41.