PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 23:28
HarryMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
mm43, for that matter the BEA has yet to discuss or release any transcripts of conversations between ATLANTICO and other flights on that track that night. IIRC, AF 447 was the only flight that did not diverge from the track on encountering the mesoscale convective complex.
Originally Posted by JD-EE
This is why some of us figure the problem began well before 02:10. Now, I am a communications oriented critter. I do not seriously expect a 121.5 call once the fit hit the shan. I do expect attempted communications with other planes to get Dakar informed that I'm about to enter their control space when Dakar failed to answer. I'd try the enroute plane to plane frequency and then 121.5MHz, repeatedly. It is apparent no such attempt was made or else a whole bunch of planes in the area had failed to follow proper communications protocols or had snoozing cockpit crews. The simplest answer to this dilemma is that the problem began, probably not long after 01:35 and finally brought the plane down.
Yes, I've been of the opinion early on (original Rumours &News posts) that there is more to this than a simple loss of control. So may say coincidences.. I often say co-incidences of events - and most accidents are simply that - co-incidences of disparate events, activities or situations.