PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyDemonLight & airways inaccuracies ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 21:56
tdbristol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkyDemonLight & airways inaccuracies ?

I am looking at part of a route at 5,000' which includes:
- Cosford EGWC direct to Sherburn EGCJ

The new edition CAA southern 1/2 mil chart shows this to be OCAS as the Daventry CTA (Class A) starts at 5,500' along this track, except north-east of Sheffield where going into the Doncaster-Sheffield CTA [4,500'].

However, for this track, SkyDemonLight shows an infringement 10nm / hdg 338 from TNT, stating that M605 airway starts at 4,500' - the route above crosses the south-east corner of this airway. M605 as shown by SkyDemonLight does not coincide with nearby CTAs - SkyDemonLight shows the south-east corner of the M605 airway rectangle going into the East Midlands 5,500' CTA area, and therefore the track crosses this.

But, M605 is not shown on the CAA chart (at least, not that I can see, in this area at least - not sure about elsewhere).
Likewise, there are low sections of airways L8 [from 5,500'] and L10 [from 4,500'] to the north and east of Cosford respectively which are depicted by SkyDemonLight [and are shown as outside the nearby CTAs], but these areas outside the CTAs are also not shown on the CAA 1/2 mil chart.

I would have thought that SkyDemonLight ought to be fully accurate, as it is promoted by NATS, but if so, why are these areas not shown on the current CAA Southern edition 37 (2011) chart? (And there are no amendments listed to cover this.)

This would suggest to me that the areas of M605 in reality do coincide with the nearby CTA and that SkyDemonLight is not in fact accurate in its depiction of airways?

Any suggestions?