PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MAS Director of Operations
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 15:49
hassanasli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cinapek? I think not. If the person is the one I think you are referring to, his BM was pretty good. Only problem is he was abit different and strange. Had a base check and IRR with him as a TRE under check by company TRE together with the DCA inspector. My captain used Jepessen charts together with his own sketch of the chart with some notations. DCA inspector indicated that because my captain used non standard charts it was a failure point. We were devastated. However this so called " cinapek " countermanded the DCA inspector and passed my captain and me! His argument to the DCA inspector, my captain had used real Jeppesen charts for the " approach briefing " and " primary reference ". The hand drawn chart was only an " aid de memoire ". So the DCA inspector accepted the pass after a lengthy argument. I was indeed very grateful that the " cinapek " stood his ground eventhough THAT WAS HIS own TRE CHECK SIMULATOR SESSION! Thinking back it was amazing but at that point I was mighty glad it was all over and we passed. I was sure my captain must had been very relieved; however he never really show anything.