PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 14:41
bearfoil

eg. 447's 'impact' started at altitude, and because the 'impact' was initially with air, (turbulent and vertically developing), the remark that she was intact at water entry is a likely false conclusion. I doubt she slowed much below .82 at first, but rather accelerated, and combined with turbulence, confounded her instruments (passive and active) into an ACARS jumble that decieves if one keeps a narrow mind. Know that a narrow mind is the goal product in the public v/v BEA. From the outset, AF and Gourgeon were clutching at any 'explanation' that would even put a crack in their obvious culpability. Along comes Airbus, and Thales becomes the criminal. A Labor action by the pilots was meat for the feast to AB.

Overspeed, turbulence, and a baffled computer and auto pilot? This accident is not a textbook one. Reliance on the way things have behaved throughout transits of the ITCZ in history will not suffice. BEA and the others have created (and welcomed) all that can be imagined in the way of keeping solutions from the public. Secrecy is for the old Eastern Bloc, this is a new time.

edit
having just this moment read lomapaseo, I thank you for demonstrating the mindset of the authority. Well said.

edit
#3787, shadoko.
May I direct one's attention to the strut supporting the shelving (box) panel of the cabin structure in the excellent photo?? I'll repeat from a year ago, I have seen far greater damage to such a structure after one of these was dropped off a loading dock from two meters. Some thing is wrong with BEA's report?? Different airplane?? Different impact?? Altitude??

Last edited by bearfoil; 22nd Apr 2011 at 14:54.