PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 14:15
bearfoil

As above, one problem since the accident has been a less than appropriate approach to the collection and evaluation of crash evidence. Politics, both International and internal, as well as corporate, have corrupted what should be a transparent and straightforward exercise, period.

No one to my knowledge has held fast to any theory that suggests the VS was the cause of upset, or for that matter separated completely before impact. Damaged? Certainly. Its find stimulated an ongoing discussion of many things aerodynamic and flightworthiness.

This forum is not, in my mind, the venue to determine what happened, and studious and awesome academic discourse notwithstanding, the bickering is evidence of that.

BEA is the fulcrum of the interest for me. Searches, politics, wild corporate statements and defenses have been the tenor, the "reports" crazily political and obfuscatory, to put it mildly. The Investigative authority is compact and witholding for trite and sadly historical purposes, to selfishly retain "control" and pre edit the finality of this tragedie's outcome for protection of the guilty, rather than the innocents.

Any reasonably proposed "what if" should be welcome, if only for its catalytic value. No one has the grail, and if the heat diminishes on the principals, no one ever will.

bear