PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2002, 10:58
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosf,

Think you missed out the rest of my quote. I am not on this board to try and sell you SCOPE and am unable to describe the contract in specific details(like yourself) just to provide another prospective and to tell you SCOPE is not designed as an RJ Policy(the world, BA and SCOPE is much bigger than the tiny world you are determined to remain, in despite my efforts to try and get you to look outside the box). At the end of the day the BACC will decide this Issue and whether you believe it or not, it will have the sole purpose of benefiting and protecting ALL BA Pilots(ex-BRAL/CFE inclu.)

I gain nothing from whatever side your opinion eventually falls on. Unfortunately, there are far too many people here willing to criticise posters and far too few able to contribute positively to the debate. Thank-you to those of you who have managed to discuss this sensitive Issue sensibly.

To conclude, SCOPE is about;

1. COMPROMISING to acheive a FAIR Integration of Pilots given recent TAKEOVER's;
- BRAL/CFE CAPT's retain seats(with stipulation BA don't try to then introduce a larger aircraft - 757,747, etc which would disadvantage those BA Pilots with decades Seniority awaiting Commands)
- BA CAPT's/Pilots through secondment don't have to uproot families from the Regions having worked for years subsidizing BA to fund these bases future.
- 100 seat AC size limit to prevent BA trying to reduce PAY/T&C's from that which exists as present for those aircraft types in BA or expand low-paid outstations to 100% of ALL BA ops.

2. Future Negotiations
Without SCOPE BALPA will be unable to Negotiate from strength if BA can just turn around and OUTSOURCE(not just to BRAL, but the rest of the BIG WORLD !!!!!). Without the power of BALPA Negotiations BA will walk all over ALL of US. Even with your little experience in BA surely you can agree on this !

Continue to believe that this is a BA Pilot Plot to rob you of your precious little RJ if you want, the truth is staring you ALL in the face that the Issue is much bigger than that and could AFFECT all our careers in BA and subsequently the UK. If you don't think BALPA are trying to protect us ALL from the Nasty BA manager's ask your own Reps.

Anyway, nice to see a couple of Pilots with B@ll@cks actually starting to discuss SCOPE on the BALPA Forum.