PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 13:12
Shadoko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Originally Posted by Mr Optimistic
As I recall, didn't bad weather hamper the search in the early days: poor visibility and a high sea state may explain missed sightings.
I have been very surprised of this "(very?) hign sea" in the accident night and subsequent days" when I saw this picture :

(picture is a cropped one from:Todesflug AF 447: Die Bilder vom Wrack auf dem Meeresboden - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama)

How this box was able to stay in balance for several days? And more: it seems there is a bag just under the box. Kind of fabric handbag? Just left there by crew people as they often do?

About the same picture: damages to the structure from vertical G seems low. And the box on the top don't seem to have any deformation. Perhaps it was empty at this time of flight?

In the same categorie : as the wreckage area on sea bed seems small, the wreckage at sea level just after the impact had to be small also. So how could it be ignored if the place was trully searched? (no mismatch, it is not a critic to search teams, just a question).

Sorry if those questions have been discussed before,
Regards,
S