PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 12:24
pvmw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at Litebulbs; survey, but I rally can't be bothered to fill it in because the questions are so obviously designed to ensure the answers put BA in a bad light. Let me just re-phrase a couple of them. For example:-

1. An employee, repeatedly ignores a work colleague in a similar job role, when at work and working in a customer facing role and approached on issues not related to work.

An employee's locker is searched randomly in line with company policy and some low value company items are found. Similar items have been going missing for the last few months. The employee admitted to putting the items into the locker, but claimed he never intended for the items to be removed from company premises.

An employee has been repeatedly requested to smarten up in appearance (non uniform position) and attend to his personal hygiene as other members of staff have spoken to management, to meet the requirements of line management, with the reason being because there was a possibility of meeting third party clients, but not as a representative of the company

An employee had very strong religious beliefs and openly shared views whenever in conversation with fellow employees who had asked him to desist. The line manager repeatedly requested that the employee kept all views private unless asked, but request was ignored

An employee has been involved in a fight. This employee struck the other and a fight ensued. Witnesses say that a heated discussion was taking place where another employee was making accusations about fiddling the books to exceed sales targets. The employee has been employed for two years and has been the best sales person that the company currently employs. (lets be even handed, in the last question you said that he didn't start the fight.)

Or possibly another couple of questions that may be pertinent to this thread:-

An employee is recorded on surveillance camera damaging a colleagues car in the company car park. When asked about the incident, he first denies it and then says the other person deserved it,

An employee repeatedly refuses to follow the instructions of his manager, saying he has far more important things to be doing.

Its why I have such a low opinions of unions - (having once been in Amicus myself). There is truth, and then there is the union's truth - post manipulation.