PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAP MBF Trustees sending Member toward Bankruptcy
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 11:05
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'll have to use smaller words, and draw some pictures.

Does the MBF provide an income over a period when one can not work due to loss of Class One medical ?, an income protection function of sorts ?.

If you read Marks post the same way I do, it would appear he is receiving an income, paid monthly from the fund ?.

So, to me, it would appear he is purely trying to obtain his lump sum payment ?.

If that is the case, that does not mean the MBF board are a bunch of heartless bastards, they have a protocol to follow, or perhaps Marks situation is a new situation for the MBF Board.

So if a member in this situation is receiving an income, be it say, 60 or 70% income, and the member is claiming financial hardship, why, when they still have a reasonable income?.

What would a DHC8 Captain near the top of a seniority list earn ?, $110K ?, times 0.6 or 0.7 ?.

If no income protection is provided, why would you not just pay for normal income protection through one of the hundreds of providers ?.

I hope Mark gets what he is entitled to, and hopefully that is the whole amount, but, I have not heard any stories of them not paying genuine claims.

Perhaps you should go a re-read remoaks post, slowly.

Couple, go search the dictionary, find out what an "Idiom" is.

Last edited by Shed Dog Tosser; 22nd Apr 2011 at 11:17.