PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 09:41
oneowl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9th Dan Vectors

What a post!!

The silence from that educated and passionate posting is deafening. Maybe the penny has finally dropped as to why lesser banded units have been so cheezed off with it for so long. Very few throw downs from the high and mighties since the post or could they not be bothered to read the flawed banding formula when presented so well ! O.K. so maybe it isn't totally related to the core pay deal, agreed, but what it does highlight is the way that managment can manipulate a workforce and more to the point GET AWAY WITH IT!! The highlighted point by 9th Dan which really brings it home for me was the fact that with every core pay award the gap between the bandings just becomes larger. I urge everyone to vote no !! Please just take a second to think why. It's not ATCO's being greedy wanting more, it's to prove to our bullish management that we've been divided before but not again. One deal for one workforce with NO strings A couple of earlier comments really concerned me. It's not about whether 5% is a descent offer or not it's the fact that we the workforce asked the union for 1 basic paydeal for all with no strings. Once again they have failed with their negotiations so far so go to the meetings and tell them that. This is after all the first offer only! Previous discussions didn't even amount to an offer.
We are a company thriving in tough times. We are a workforce that have worked extremely hard through these tough times when management pleaded with us that the company was struggling. Need I remind people of the over and above the line of duty. We are a workforce still sewing our rings up after years as Assf***ing by our management. Say no and give them somthing to think about. Vote yes and they'll be laughing at us for a long time to come.