PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 09:22
southoftheborder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latestay - Thank you very much, i aim to please!

RPIplus1 - This is the kind of cynicism and division that management are hoping to get! If you have been reading this thread then you will see that there are some people like myself who do not agree with this whole thing! Speaking for myself and some of my colleagues, i know that we will certainly be a no vote for this deal. Fingers crossed we can get the 51% to reject this offer.

It has seemed for the last few weeks that the union has finally grown a pair, however, with yesterdays revelations, i am surprised at how quickly they lost that pair. A 5.2% increase on pay is nothing if we factor in met provision and in perpetuity AAVA! And so really, in my opinion, all they have done is once again fail their members at managements request. They should NOT be recommending this deal to the ATCO community. But, unfortunately they have. It is now up to us as a community to vote no and make sure this deal does not go through!

Over the last 10 years or so, we have slowly been getting rid of any of our 'benefits' for the price of a small lump sum here and there. The AAVA deal is really the last straw, let us not allow management to win, think of the bigger picture..... as ATCO's we are trained to do exactly this, so why on earth, when off radar, do many ATCO's not seem to be able to do it? Just food for thought.....