PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 06:56
Bradster27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Attitude

My return flight departs Syd at 7.45pm, so I hope that gives me plenty of time to get a taxi back to the airport, from Nth Syd? They say the assessment goes until 5pm, was that your experience?
Hey str8shooter, first up, also consider the train, 1 minute walk from venue, 1/2 hr to domestic terminal, $15.50, no traffic worries.
I finished at 5.00pm as did another person. The other 4 still had one test left to wait for, finish time unknown.
Another interesting thing, only 2 of the 6 were from Sydney.
4 of the 6 assessment tasks were not computer based, this included the ATC simulation. One of the computer test was just re-doing the online test, to confirm you did it. The other computer test had some practice so you were prepared.

My Attitude to the day;
Preparation: Do stuff to keep my mind sharp and plenty of exercise to keep body good and help keep boost brain.
On the day: I tried to look at is as a bit of fun and a challenge. A small adventure if you like. If I succeed, fantastic. If not, its not the end of the world.
I tried lots of deep breathing to stay relaxed. We had the opportunity to chat with the Air traffic controller assessors and learn a little.

I will keep you posted as to my results, hoping for the best, expecting the worst