PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 05:46
nomad45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
proud of our own culture

Hi
I am one of the Taiwanese pilots in VA. I am appalled by the accusation that you made towards some of our fellow pilots here. I hope that these claims stand an actual fact and proof and not just your own made-up fantasy.
First of all, I don't know where you get the idea that we want to become Vietnamese people, with all due respect to them. Do you want to be a national that you're not? We are very proud of our own heritage and culture. It is the most preposterous thing I've ever heard.
Secondly, it is not in our culture to write reports behind someone else. Although I would be too hypocritical to say that it never happened. But what about in your own culture? Don't tell me it never did. It's the human nature! Bad seeds exist in every culture!!
Most of the Taiwanese pilots here, like a lot of fellow pilots from other countries, just want to fly safely and enjoy the life that this country can offer. I do agree with you that we are all expats here and we need to look out for each other. if there are some sort of misunderstandings, I'm sure we can all work it out and leave it behind us. but blatantly de-value our culture and people is something I can not tolerate.