PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 00:21
auraflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was my attempt to plot various things on google maps.

The centre aircraft icon is LKP. (The yellow circle behind it is the top of a yellow google maps marker). There is also an aircraft position at 2:00 I have estimated from BEA report, plus the estimated location of the rejected ADS-C.

The red zone around the LKP is my rough attempt to sketch Metron's "red" (most probable) zone from fig 33 of their report. I have marked the estimated northmost point with a purple pin to do that drawing.

The purple pins are the bounds of the circle of Metron's analysis area.

The red triangle is the first sighted location of the VS - June 7 2009 at 13h38.

The red cross is an APPROXIMATE wreckage location corresponding to the abyssal plain and the arrow in the BEA report. It is almost certainly not the actual location.

Body and debris locations taken from the phase 3 search zone working group report. I have not included all the bodies after the first few - it did not add much to the analysis.

Keep in mind:
  • the first bodies were found at June 6 2009 at 11h55
  • Body E1 (sighted) June 7 2009 at 9h11
  • Vertical fin (sighted) June 7 2009 at 13h38

fwiw, my take is that the VS and bodies started from the same position in the water and drifted at about the same rate and almost the same direction. They have diverged little after about 5 days. Hence VS on until impact.