PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 21st Apr 2011, 22:35
southoftheborder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been quite surprised to read some of the more recent posts on here. After months of many atcos saying how they will not accept, a little bit of money is thrown your way and all bloody morals go right out of the window. It may be a decent offer, but what about that of the ATSA'S and engineers? Why should they be rewarded with less of a payrise than atcos? Atcos cannot do their job successfully without the assistance of ATSA's and engineers. It just seems time and time again, management know exactly which buttons to press in order for the atco community to cater to their every whim, in this case it seems to be a stroking of the already over inflated atcos ego.. by offering us more they are effectively saying we are more valuable, again something i disagree with strongly. Everyone deserves a pay rise which is at least in line with inflation. i do understand peoples points on here about the real world and such.... However, we are in a very fortunate position in that we hold a job in a PROFIT MAKING company!!!!! We all work bloody hard, and it is quite frankly disgusting for separate offers to be handed out and not only that but conditions such as met provision etc be attached. I strongly urge everyone to really consider their motivations whilst voting on this, remember, by agreeing you are shafting some of your colleagues and FRIENDS!
Just bloody well vote no, let the annual report come out, and then lets see what can really be offered to EVERYONE. ONE NATS right? Lets stand together and show management that we are a force to be reckoned with, and that we cant be bought so easily, why do conditions need to be attached? Its a core pay deal only, leave it at that!
Oh just to clarify, i am an ATCO, and i am NERL, and i am down south..... just for you guys out there who have bees in your bonnet saying that all band 5 atcos in nerl will vote this through.......