PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispute ends as SIA pilots agree to compromise deal
Old 23rd Sep 2002, 01:21
thegypsy
DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Eagle That is a difficult one to answer given the way the courts in SIA are Govt controlled but the troops should have shown their disgust at what Alpha-S said not me was a blatant breach of the CA.

It would appear that as the Captains have got their seat guaranteed then it seems to be a clear case of 'I'm alright Jack' If Pilots do not stick together on these kind of issues then what hope is there and all credibility is lost when money is accepted instead of the correct seat.

Alpha-S says it will not tolerate any further breaches of the CA. I just bet the Generals are trembling in their boots!!

IMHO they should have rejected this and persued the matter through the Courts cos I think the Generals were amazed at the storm they created and they don't like this kind of adverse publicity. This was a typical act of the new boys trying to stamp their military authority and show the Board they are in total control.

Meanwhile the CEO who lost SIA $2 Billion in his investments in Ansett/Air NZ and Virgin is still in his position as the Establishment in Singapore close ranks and protect eachother from close examination of their records.