PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2011, 16:41
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by notlangley
At a higher threshold - somewhere between 500 and a 1000 members - the Union should require that the accounts be annually audited, published and there should also be a facility for questions and answers and these questions and answers should be available as information to all those members of that Branch (and the timescale should be defined by the parent Union in the form of rules that apply to all branches without exception).

If there is someone in either Unite or any other Union reading this, then I say thank you for reading this, and I respectfully suggest that what I am advocating can only be to the advantage of the Union movement.
Thank you for saying what I wanted to say, but more lucidly and without me straying into hyperbole and ad hominem.

There does seem to be a major problem with the way DH runs his fiefdom, and the only way that gets resolved is either by the members of BASSA [if they're allowed to express a contrary view] or by Unite the Union itself.

There could be a swift resolution to the entire farce if Unite's Gen Sec actually chose to take a firm [if non-public] grip of what is happening within BASSA. Then BA could talk to an adult without background noises from the SWP play-room.

Sadly, I'm not optimistic. 'Red Len' has bigger fish to fry.