PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 21st Apr 2011, 13:01
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it is 5% then on the face of it it is a good offer. However I believe nsl must do the met so there are strings attached.

The guy who stated that "this atco 2 is happy" also sums this up. We have been divided and conquered. For nerl who will get the same pay deal as certain nsl units for them to carry out extra duties and nerl none is poor to say the very least.

We are going to have 2 votes, one for nerl and one for nsl as promised by prospect. However what we have been lied to about by prospect is that only units carrying out met will be voting on the deal. The whole of nsl will not be doing this. Therefore a couple of units down south who will not be doing met can stitch the regional airports up again with a no strings attached deal whilst we are forced into carrying out extra duties that we feel is unsafe.

I also feel we were on the brink here to flexing our muscles finally. Nsl cannot afford any sniff of industrial action due to the Spanish and Swedish contracts we are in for so we should have stuck it out. I am afraid the bec is made up of too many nerl guys who have got a good rise for themselves and again nsl is the poor relation. The union is there to look after the minority and supposedly prevent this.

Stitched up again but to be honest my complete lack of faith in the BEC makes this not really unsurprising.