PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CEA
Thread: Changes to CEA
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2011, 12:27
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this a couple of weeks back in the form of a 'T-Letter'. As I recall, the announcement is the result of changes elsewhere in the regs that mean pers posted to MOD may not have the opportunity to be 'accompanied' because the system is so f***ed-up, but whereas previously they were considered 'involuntarily' unaccompanied, that is now no longer the case, so the entitlement to CEA ceases at one-term's notice. In light of this, the changes to CEA are now catching up with reality.

Seeing that they will shortly be screwed by the system, some people are electing to withdraw from the scheme at their own (and their kids own) convenience rather than waiting to be bankrupted or simply having the rug pulled from under them. This goes against one of the principles of the scheme - that people can't opt in and out as it suits, hence the necessity for a change of policy. I understand that in some circumstances, people may be able to opt back in to the system.

The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum.

If I read it right, one of the reasons we are in this mess is that there is an inadequate number of FQs in London to enable personnel to serve 'accompanied'.

Just coming back to Nomorefreetime's point, I have never been asked to provide an estimate for the following term's fees; however, I have
been asked to provide evidence that mychild has a place when starting a new school and/or moving from one stage of education to the next.

STH

Last edited by SirToppamHat; 21st Apr 2011 at 21:09.