PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Power settling?
Thread: Power settling?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2002, 22:34
Irlandés

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So summing up this particular can of worms so far, here are the various different takes on the situation...

1. VRS is the same as Settling with Power. Power Settling is a Recirculation type situation.

2. VRS is the same as Settling with Power. Power Settling is 'Settling without enough power'.

3. VRS is not Settling with Power. Settling with Power is 'Settling without enough Power' (Xnr's suggested definition). So what is Power Settling according to this posture?

And when I originally posted I assumed that the VRS=SWP part was beyond dispute! Apparently not. That said, all the texts I've ever read have treated the two as one and the same. It was the Power Settling I was worried about! I suspect that because the two terms are so similar people have been using them interchangeably for years without suspecting that they could be in fact two different conditions. Then you end up with 'old dog, new tricks' syndrome. Just a possibility of course.

Anyway, all this has given me a headache. I'll find something easier to think about. Nuclear fission perhaps...

Irlandés