PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two CHC Security Guards Murdered
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2011, 23:16
Outwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get your shorts in a knot there RL77CHC

First, CHC supplies 95% of the expat Captains for the operations in Thailand, 27 to be exact. TAS is the National partner that's required for CHC to operate in that particular country. TAS gets to provide copilots that are trained by CHC and spray paint their pretty logo on the side of the aircraft and that's it.
Look, I have no intention to get into a debate about this, there is nothing to debate. the FACT is, TAS is a stand alone company. TAS has the contract with Chevron. CHC and Heli-One, provide SOME of the crews and some of the a/c and some technical support. One of the a/c is wholly owned by TAS. CHC has a MINORITY share in TAS ( around 30%).

The second point I was making was to clarify the headline of this thread, the security guards were not CHC employees. But true. their job included guarding both CHC and TAS staff.

On the third point, I never said that Nahkon was not a bad spot, never said that no one (including me) wanted to go there. However THIS particular incident was in no way connected to

the locals are not happy with the S76's buzzing back and forth fourteen hours a day............
I'm in no way defending the move to Nahkon, I think this incident as well as numerous other problems there are a setback to the Thai operations.