PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th Apr 2011, 21:04
terrain safe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen the deal as well (I can't say what it is as I promised the person who told me that I wouldn't and I still want to be their friend), and when it comes out tomorrow I think overall the union have done a good job. I don't agree with all of it but overall I don't see how it could have been bettered. Any who think that shooting their mouth off or thinking of industrial action should think, will we get any more? I suspect that the pips are squeaking and we may disagree with it but that's the best offer around. Apparently it is substantively better that was on the table previously. But please wait until tomorrow, sit down, count to 20 and think could we do better. I think not.

Before people think "Oh you must be management or high up in the union" I am neither and I often don't agree with both of them but this time I can't see us getting any better. Don't forget that say a 4.5% deal also has an extra cost of 37% for the pension. That will really hurt NATS. So think for a while before spouting off please.

Now a deep breath....