PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2011, 20:06
rmimbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mlindb,

Wow, looks like it's more common than I thought

Among all the things that amazed me was the fact that they will call me at 8 or 9pm and schedule me for the next day first time in the morning and every single time; when I was on my way to the appointment I will get a call postponing it for a few hours later or for a different day and/or if they didn't make any changes I will have to wait in the waiting room for a few hours until they come out and get me. So much lack of consideration .
I made it all the way to the full panel interview and still took them a week and a half to tell me that I didn't have the LAN pilot's profile. Nobody thank me for my interest in the company nor anything like.
It did make me change my point of view about how the airline industry treats you in the States. I thought it was bad but NOOO. I came to appreciate what I have here. If you are used to respect and consideration it will be a little shocking.
Pay is good for peruvian standards but that is about it.

For all those interested in a job with LAN, be ready to spend more money and time that you are expecting for your interview. I even had to quit my job but I was lucky I was able to get it back. It's a different culture and a different way of living.

Chears