PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA Situation
Thread: DGCA Situation
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2011, 19:51
teja.aluri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTI solution to get information on status of licencse

Dear mates,

Looking at your issues of delay in getting Licences issued, i would like to suggest you people about the RTI(Right of Information Act) which is a good solution in cases of delayed process in file movement in Govt office, where mostly meticulous reply are made by the officer , usually higher in rank receive your letter and are involved to sort out and dispose the case of in max 30 to 35 days and are time bound to reply. where u have problem in solving it over telephone or long distant to pat the officers daily.

It is very effective, give you my personal experience,I along with a friend(cyril) made an rti application and i received my RT licence (from WPC) in under 40 days from the date of submission and never called them or step out of house for any thing in connection to it except to post RTI application.

The reason RTI is effective because the concerned officer is accountable for the information which he gives to the applicant and the applicant has rights to appeal it with more superior officers and if you think this didn't work well with DGCA, you have the right to appeal with CIC (Central Information commission) which is a Independence body serving for Govt of India which also has powers to direct Anti corruption and Vigilance departments. In addition to that believe or not you also has an option to demand penalty for the delay if you prove it(i guess it is upto Rs25000/-)

I hope this information would be helpful to you, who are looking for a different approach.

More details could be found regarding RTI on DGCA website under ABOUT DGCA tab.

Roughly it cost you Rs10/-(postal draft accepted) to make a query in RTI and you need to mention your details like your name, file number, date of submission and you could ask for status, reason for delay, expected date of dispatch or any things similar which you wish to know. You can feel free to ask what ever you feel like in connection to your case.

Regards
TeJa