PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Islands - jobs avaliable
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2011, 18:38
Flying Beancounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The route will be serviced by a fast new ATR 42-500 series aircraft

I realise that this is a rumour network, but why the speculation when the position is on the BI website under news (and has been there since March!).
"New route between Jersey and London City Airport!

Blue Islands has announced the launch of a twice-daily return executive service between Jersey and London City Airport starting on the 18th April 2011.
Peak slots have been secured at London City Airport that will provide fast travel straight into London’s financial district. Flights will depart from Jersey on Monday to Friday at 0725, returning from London City at 0915, with an evening service leaving Jersey at 1715 and departing City at 1905. A further flight is scheduled for Sunday evenings at the same times as the weekday service.

Chairman of the airline, Derek Coates, says the new route will allow passengers to avoid all the hassle and long check in times of Gatwick Airport. “London City is a dream airport said Mr Coates, with a check in time of only 20 minutes, this new service means that Jersey businessmen, whose time is valuable, can make the most of a day trip to London. It’s also great for colleagues in London who want a full day in Jersey and for every executive who appreciates that time is money!”
The route will be serviced by a fast new ATR 42-500 series aircraft, specifically purchased for this new London service, seating up to 48 passengers. The same aircraft will fly to Geneva or Zurich in the middle of the day from Jersey.
“This new route is part of our strategic plan to grow the airline” commented Blue Islands General Manager, Rob Veron “Our aim is to put Jersey at the financial heart of Europe” said Mr Veron........"

Comment:
So if I was an unemployed CPL/IR pilot or ATR or Jetstream rated, I think I would have been applying in March on the basis of the additional ATR or indeed the plan to grow the airline. April news on the website shows a new route from Jersey to Bristol using Jetstream equipment.

Last edited by Flying Beancounter; 20th Apr 2011 at 19:03. Reason: comment