PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD - All Not Good in Mesa
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2011, 16:24
9Aplus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad A 2011: MD and Boeing in 'short strokes' on finalising AH-6i production

April 19, 2011
MD Helicopters and Boeing are close to finalising an agreement for the production of airframes for the AH-6i programme.

Lynn Tilton, CEO of MD Helicopters told Shephard that the company was still in discussions with Boeing, but added that she expected a final decision shortly. 'We are in the short strokes of finalising the deal,' she said, 'but we expect to build most of the airframe for the aircraft.'
The two companies signed up to a memorandum of agreement in July 2010 with the aim of finalising a Long Term Requirements Contract.
David Koopersmith, VP of attack helicopter programmes at Boeing, said that discussions with the first customers including Jordan were being finalised but he hoped that the first production aircraft could be flying within the next 36 months.
There may also be a need for a second prototype aircraft, he said. 

Meanwhile, MD has begun production on the first three of six MD530F aircraft ordered by the Department of the Army for use as a Rotary Wing Primary Training Aircraft (RWPTA) in Shindand for the Afghan Air Force and plans to deliver the aircraft ahead of schedule.
As many as 54 aircraft could be needed over the life of the four year contract.
The company has also begun flight testing composite blades on the 530F. Tilton said the blades, which were developed by Van Horn Aviation, have exceeded expectations and were producing extremely smooth flight conditions.
Quad A 2011: MD and Boeing in 'short strokes' on finalising AH-6i production | Shephard Group