PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 20th Apr 2011, 15:43
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not seen any communication stating that the AAVA agreement is back in place, but I am not at work and the Prospect website is eerily quiet.

However if the agreement has been reinstated then I disagree with the above posts.

The AAVA agreement should never have been part of the negotiation on CORE pay in the first place.

We are due a decent pay rise without having to prostitute ourselves by giving other things away (met, AAVA etc).

Withdrawing from the AAVA agreement was a totally seperate issue from the pay talks.

I assume because the AAVA agreement was withdrawn prematurely due to management non conformance, it is within the right of the Union to reinstate it unilaterallly if they feel that the management will adhere to the rules?

When the AAVA agreement reaches its natural end then negotiations on that should take place, to include an increase in the rate which has stayed flat for years.

In agreement with Mantovani - By acknowledging the business need, whilst ensuring management conform, the Union have shown that they are not hell bent on ruining NATS. This can only go in our favour. It actually gives us more power when it comes to sticking out for a decent pay rise with no reduction in Ts&Cs.

The Union have proved that they are reasonable, now lets stick this out and get the pay rise the members deserve, without the distraction of side issues.

5.5% is reasonable...

1657: edited to add - just read an e-mail from Prospect. It had better be a significant betterment in offer from management for Prospect to be talking about recommending the offer - this is a huge U turn from what the union were putting about the past few weeks (stating they were miles apart).

This had better not be another cave-in by the Union - we've been hoodwinked enough over the past 3 or 4 ballots. Of course we will never know what the 'final offer' from last week was (apart from the many rumours), so we will never know if it is a cave-in .

August 2010 RPI was 4.7%. Considering in the recent past we have had a below average pay rise (and a pay freeze), and considering the NATS Board pay awards, dividends and company performance during this time, 5.5% with no strings is not unreasonable.

Last edited by anotherthing; 20th Apr 2011 at 16:19.