PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Sunstate Engineers suspended over aircraft sabotage?
Old 20th Apr 2011, 10:57
Bigdog01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ongoing dispute

Well here we are another month into this debacle.
Situation the same management crying poor on TV and to anybody who will listen. While lining the wallet with the green bills.
The staff actually getting poorer, trying to still fix shoddily maintained aircraft by 3 rd party maintenance.
Breakdowns increasing exponentially with duration of dispute, can't be sunnies engineering fault as we rarely carry out work except for the breakdowns.
Hire another contract manager (my mistake hire a supervisor from outside the company) to look after those disgruntled trouble making engineers on a nightly basis. Why? Because nobody in house wanted to do the job because you aren't allowed too - unless you toe the DD,SH line. i.e. try to do something with nothing.
Seems still appropriate to spend 1000 times actual pay rise asked for (approx $1000 per year) for the average engineer to not give in.
Send out bull emails to all and sundry extolling their willingness to negotiate terms, when they themselves receive extensive bonus's for adding millions to the budget.

Basic respect for the worker has dissipated, that is if they had any in the first place which I doubt.
And that is the good news.

Last edited by Bigdog01; 22nd Apr 2011 at 00:30. Reason: Incorrect info.