PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our private Helipad and proposed 'adjacent' new wind turbine!
Old 20th Apr 2011, 06:01
kickon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our private Helipad and proposed 'adjacent' new wind turbine!

Hi guys
I need some advice please, which appears to be an ever growing problem everywhere.
I have just heard a rumour (it is at 'pre planning' application), that a 55m, with two 32m bladed (making it in total) 87m wind turbine is being considered just 500 metres from our private helipad which is at our home.
Our helipad is actually within the curtilage of our home, as it's made out of a raised grass mound, within a fenced section of our back lawn around it. We use various paddocks etc as our 'approach areas', then hovering onto the pad.
We do not have planning permission for the pad, as I understand we are within the 28 day ruling and it's within the property's curtilage. We have been using the helipad since 2002, and we probably see on average, movements of circa 20 - 35 per annum to the site, although there are plans to increase that.
The 'erection' of this proposed turbine will not only de an eye-sore, be noisy, 'worry' ours and neighbours horses etc (it's proposed site is less than 300m from a bridleway, but also potentially causes our heli movements a great safety hazard.
'HELP'!
Do I apply for retrospective planning for the pad?
Do I apply for a 'safe zone' to protect any other such applications being considered?
Thanks in advance
Jono
[email protected] (maybe quicker)