PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 22:11
mlindb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmimbe,

I think exactly as you do. Even before you can prove in a simulator test that you are able to fly an airplane or not, HR people, who knows nothing about the whereabouts of flying, decide wether or not you are suitable for the job. It seems that answering FAA questions that were never practically used in my airline years, completing stupid phrases or give a meaning to some ink spots is the best way to assess an individualīs ability to fly an airliner.
In my case I got the typical letter: "Usted no ha sido seleccionado". When I asked them why I got no response, of course, as those people are known for not willing to give any explanations, either for cowardice or arrogance. Being treated like **** (being invited for an interview in another country without airline tickets or hotel acommodation, not answering my emails or doing it only after several days trying, and finally being rejected without further explanation) for those unrespectful, careless low level examples of human beings hurt me more than not being hired.
Like you, I still want to know what a LAN pilotīs profile is all about, as I am sure it will give me the meaning of life and/or ensure my immortality.

Last edited by mlindb; 20th Apr 2011 at 02:21.