PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-200 or 737-800.....????
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2002, 13:20
batty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 200 is a fantastic aircraft for the new pilot since you still have to fly it. When you finish your inital flying training there is still so much to learn about how to operate and manage a jet aircraft. The 200 will teach you how to do all this, since it is still basically a manual aircraft. The skills learnt on the 200 will follow you through your career and later on if and when all the automatics go wrong you will have something to fall back on.

I dont believe the 800 will give you these advantages, at the end of the day you dont have to even fly holds, calculate and monitor desent profiles or create a mental picture of the current situation.

I believe the 800 rating will give you a strong future in the industry but the 200 will make you a better pilot. I am lucky enough to work for Ryanair and the 800 rating will follow shortly. I am thankful of the 200 rating still.

PS Dont believe a company that sells you a type rating and promises jobs. If it were true there would be few unemployed pilots!!