PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2002, 12:39
Nosferatu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question One simple question...................

Wow, this is the most interesting thread I have ever started.
Lots of impassioned and logical debate, and a lot of very relevant and accurate points from all sides.

Personally, I entirely empathise with the BA point of view, and, I must say, I totally agree with the BACEX point of view, (I am one after all). Iam disappointed there is an inability for both sides to meet in the middle.

However, if I accept that airrage and his chums REALLY do have our best interests at heart, and REALLY do know best about everything, given their great experience with BA management, may I ask the following question:

When BA did exactly the same thing with CFE, ie taking over a profitable regional, there was the same debate between BA and CFE pilots. Not all CFE guys by far wanted anything to do with BA, but like us, eventually had no choice. There was a difference though. BACC didn't bleat about scope; they insisted CFE guys went straight onto BA Ts and Cs. They won their case. Whilst all CFE guys were not enamoured of their new employer, at least everyone was brought into the fold.

Can someone then explain to me why BACC are not trying to get the same for us? After all, there is no difference that I can see? Why are they openly trying to shut us OUT of the mainline empire, rather than bring us on board.

Honest answers on a postcard to BACEX Manchester please?