PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IOM Commercial Use Certificates and Fuelers/FBO's
Old 19th Apr 2011, 14:09
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You obviously have an issue with the M reg which is clouding your ability to reason.

If a business owns an aircraft, and uses that aircraft for the execution of it's day to day affairs then surely they have the right to tax free fuel for their aircraft in the same way that, had they chartered instead, the AOC operator would receive for the same flight?

I agree with 125, there is one heck of a lot of animosity towards people who operate very legitimately on the manx register. Not quite sure why, maybe seeing all these shiny machines and not being able to GINFO the owner irritates them! And before I get mauled I fly aircraft on both registers and see both sides of the fence.

The IOM do say that ultimately the decision rests with the country in question. But the Germa ruling should be enough of a precedent to hopefully help out.
Sadly some countries seem to view MOT as a tool to prop up their ailing badly run economies.

And for the record I have had problems with Sion fuellers in G reg AOC operated machines. They seem to have the stubborn propensity to charge first and ask questions later.