PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squadron mugs - The good ones!
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 10:36
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Well, The B Word, that cup and saucer should sit nicely between the pink plastic Mosque Alarm Clock and the Elvis Presley Dambusters Clock Plate Of Tutankhamun on my mantelpiece......

Perhaps Jeremy Clarkson might be interested? As he once wrote:

Back in February I told you about my cupboard of ****. It’s a glass-fronted Georgian cabinet in which we house quite the most startling collection of pointless, tasteless rubbish it’s possible to conceive.

A particular favourite of mine is the plastic figurine of a New York fireman carrying his wounded buddy through what appears to be a half-eaten tomato sandwich. But it is, in fact, supposed to be the ruined remains of the World Trade Center.

Then there’s the Corsican shepherd with the melted face, the endless array of stupid creatures made from shells, a particularly horrible snow shaker and a Jesus on a rope.

British seaside gift shops are a fine hunting ground for all this stuff but even better are retail establishments within 400 yards of anything to do with the Catholic church. You should see my alabaster Last Supper in which all the disciples are wearing coats made from different coloured glitter.