PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Anglian Air Ambulance temporarily grounded/Longmint status
Old 19th Apr 2011, 07:04
ExMAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAT A - Interesting to see what happens in May.

Whirls and Loudone
Yes on the face of it it looks like we are enjoying someone's misery. However we have all now watched 3 very well respected companies being slowly destroyed by a group of non aviators. The misery here is not for the "poor" directors who may get taken to court and made bankrupt but the individuals in these companies that have suffered several months of uncertainty over pay and jobs; the lucky ones have already found employment elsewhere. There are people who have missed mortgage payments and faced big money issues due to the current situation. They have remained loyal to the companies, the owners know this and exploit them. Then there are the suppliers and aircraft owners who are also being treated in a shoddy manner and I imagine being told all will be fine but are losing money to the owners.

I do not want to see these companies put out of business but nor do i want to see them descend to a position where they have lost the reputation and become the joke of this industry. Again I imagine that there are many good people that would love to come in and bring them back to former glory.

So I am enjoying people's misery? See it as you will but I have friends that would be much better off if Longmint was no longer and that is what I would like to see.

Last edited by ExMAGE; 19th Apr 2011 at 08:21.