PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 02:38
rmimbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think it thoroughly!!

A few months ago I was invited for an interview that was supposed to be completed in a week or so; instead I was held in Peru for about two months and let me teld you, that wasn't cheap nor easy, yet again they didn't care, apparently that's the way things work over there. I was yet to find out that your flying skills and ratings don't matter much. What really matters is if: "CLAUDIA RODRIGUEZ" from the hiring department, likes you or not, even though she doesn't know anything about flying. So be very very nice to her from they one. Me, a guy from Spain and few other americans just waisted our time and money because at the end of the excruciatingly painful non-technical interview (a CFI job requires more technical knowledge here in the states) were just told: I am sorry but you don't meet the profile of a LAN pilot. Never got a straight response about what that meant. What really surprised me was a night that this girl, an Airbus 319 SIC asked me if I can train her for the NDB approach into Cajamarca (who knows where is located) because she had to fly next day there. Train her in a FS2004. yeap! So this girl is qualified but we are not? the guy from Spain who interview in my group was already a A-320 SIC for a company that went out of business in Spain and wasn't qualified? Don't know what Claudia Rodriguez is really looking for.
Be prepared and good luck.