PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 02:04
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

I can buy it that this was ineptitude caused by the intense political pressure, just barely. I am suppressing comments from accident investigators about the reliability of reports. If the accident happens in a third world area, the report quality is poor because of the untrained and inexperienced investigators. If the accident is not politically charged and is in a "first world" nation the reports tend to be pretty good. If politics enters the picture the reports are what the politicians wanted them to say. That's from their experience. I suspect that is what this investigation started out to be. This latest search probably fell out of the unrelenting public oversight and demands. It would not go away. So the plane had to be found. At least that's what I get if I let my cynicism and "too many decades of real world experience" get out of hand. I still expect a political report. But I expect it's going to be as honest as the politicians permit. (And Wikileaks exists as a means of forcing honesty on politicians.)

(As a pair of side notes it has been reported here that the Russians, with (heh) more experience than others with crashes, have found that you start at or near the LKP when searching for crash locations. And I further note that mm43's current backtraces also placed the accident location fairly close to LKP but, if I recall, a bit South of where BEA hinted it actually fell.)
Family associations with the help of some aviation professionals suggested to search first around LKP
I agree with that... but it's make of me a conspiracy accomplice
Like those conspirators from one of the family association :

MARNET-CORNUS Henri
MECIFI Amine
TERRACHER Jacques
ARNOUX Gérard

Liste des membres du Conseil d

Methink AF447 go in a irrecuperable stall by all means even if Svetlana Kapanina was in command.

Last edited by jcjeant; 19th Apr 2011 at 02:29.