PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Cyprus - Aviator Flight Center
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2011, 01:23
A16X100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about joining the party late. I Have recently become a ppl flight instructor and was considering flying in Cyprus. I was wondering if anyone still works or know people that are still with the flying schools?

As for the debate.....

@DH-110, I think you will find that it was indeed an invasion for several reasons.
1. During the 'invasion' there have were countless murders, attacks, rape, pillaging and the destroy of religious building. I do not know what book your reading, but the European Union and the UN have both outline that Turkey violated the human right of many during the invasion and occupation.

2.Secondly an intervention is a short term solution, well the Turkish troops have been there for almost 37 years.

@Pilotwhite, yes many thing did happen that has given Cyprus a shaded history; but I could not help notice that both websites you referenced were both of Turkish origin, did you not consider that those may be slightly biased and the whole story is not being told?

Anw I would like to flying in Cyprus to any by looking just at the websites Griffon does look like the preferred choice. May anyone of is currently employed or training at the schools. Thank you