PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An-2 at Sherburn today
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2002, 09:16
sunnysideup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a shame about the latest mindless restrictions placed on An2's. Most in the UK are Russian or Lithuainian registered and fell to the same fate as the Yaks and Sukois earlier this year.

Whilst smaller aircraft can cope on the the new British permits and all the restrictions that it implies, I have also heard that the An2's are restricted to crew only, no mention of ground handling teams as with the ex Mil Gazelles. You gotta ask, whats the point?????

D-FKMA is one of the lucky ones. It holds a full public cat German CofA, one of only eight left and the only one in the UK, I believe. This means I didn't have to worry too much about the changes earlier this year, although under German restrictions its only allowed nine seats. Of course, in the UK, its a bit more complicated to legally fill all of those seats. But not impossible................

As a single engine piston aircraft, it can be flown on a JAR-PPL, which I think is great news for those who like to get out of Cessnas and Terrorhawks and fly Chippies and jets and moths and stearmans and all the other stuff that is a "must-do" in any pilots lifetime.

Personally, sometimes I still can't believe how lucky I am to fly the thing around the UK where it always gets a warm and friendly reception, lots of photos and a few dropping jaws.

Long may it continue........