PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Pilot assist college
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2001, 14:20
Lightning ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Another point of concern I had with them and their lack of airline / market experience.
was the fact they expected all their students, after gaining their frozen ATPL via several FTO's to get an airline job strainght away.
No question of doing a FI's course to build hours because you may not gey hired straight away. I did ask them this question.
Their response was as slick as ever, to confuse the weak. "we will be training you in a consistant, structured manor. something the 'airlines' are looking for. therefore you should be fit for a job after training and building hours with a FI rating would not serve the 'airlines' any purpose"
Hello, what planet are they from. If your not CAP 509 only the very few and lucky will get that airline job straight after training.
Certainly not someone who has done their PPL with PamAm, theory back here, then gone out for CPL /IR with EFT, even had to do the tests back here, then MCC with someone else.
Heh I'm no expert. But at least I don't pretend to have all these contacts and know what the airlines will take when your ready for them.
I will be very interested to see in 12 months or so. When their first group of students are ready for the job market. How many , if any get that job or not.
Why do I get the same feeling from them as I do the labour party. A bunch of spin doctors
just out for your money. When you could get the same thing yourself without lining their pockets....