PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meloz and 89
Thread: Meloz and 89
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2002, 07:50
BrisBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Citizen XX boasts about how rich he is. This adds a certain weight to some of Kaptin M's arguments (whilst he appears to have done OK himself). CitizenXX also thinks I am envious because I made the wrong decision. A simple comparison of what the three returnees from my intake, as compared to the rest of us, are doing now makes this point look silly.
He has applied for a position with SIA, but the 'can go anywhere/look anyone in the eye/take no prisoners CitizenXX will only take the offer if he doesn't have to live in Singapore. "Gutsy move".
If it doesn't go his way SIA may not appreciate his selfish motives and when some of his former colleagues, such as Wisofoz and Gnadenburg's, turn comes round may not be so accommodating.

The 30% pay claim cannot be discussed without mentioning Abeles and Hawkes similar pay rises. Any attempt to do so is just as hypocritical as these people's actions.
I have always thought of FSU's contributions as a side issue. There was a big picture and it wasn't unfathomable percentages and comparisons, Kaptin M's response and counter claims, loaded guns & king hits or hoards of septics clambering across the Pacific in some kind of feeding frenzy centred around the right seat of the 737 I used to occupy.
This went to the heart of our Australian way of life and how we conduct our society. These thirty cent light bulb issues may have had their place but not whilst the aircraft descended towards the everglades.

The Prime Minister wrote to us all. The letter informed us that not only could we not negotiate with our employers but could not be represented by those of our choice. This totalitarian action may have been normal in a former east european regime but not in our free and democratic Australia.
Was this important or not!
Brian McCarthy said/did not say...wah...wah...wah...
The Federation did/did not do...wah...wah...wah...
For goodness sakes!!!

There is only one question each of us involved needs to ask.
Did I stand up for my country's constitutional and democratic institutions along side those I promised I would, or did I not?