PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passed my skills test!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2011, 10:06
Markiepickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passed mine too!

Just passed my Skills Test yesterday too, which was such a relief and I'm still trying to take it all in! As soon as I had passed, my instructor referred to me "captain" which was such a great feeling! Looking at my instructor beforehand, I think he was just as nervous as I was!!

The test was much better than I'd anticipated. Despite bad vis, my Nav went like clockwork, although my altitude kept fluctuating as I concentrated on identifying waypoints. The main problem I had was that I dialled in two frequencies incorrectly which I can only put down to nerves.

General handling went fine and my examiner nearly took me into cloud and luckily I told him that I was not allowed to do that! Landings were OK - not perfect, but I was pleased the way I'd flown. Also my answers to the oral questions were not great but by that time, I was frazzled!

Thanks to everyone at RFC Bourn for helping me through my 60 hours and 3 years of being a student pilot. Great place to learn and can honestly say that I enjoyed every lesson!