PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Somebody else must still love being in the RAF as much as me...
Old 18th Apr 2011, 06:54
Winchweight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's how it went when I did it last year:

Wife says - " You just getting older and more hacked off. You are gaining no new skills or experiences. If you stay you'll just be older and less employable". And she is right... She missed out fatter....

Decision made!

If you PVR the ROS is 6 months. However, during your resettlement you can work for your new employer on a pre-employment training, work-up type deal but you can't be paid by them until in your final leave & terminal leave phase. At which point you can receive a golden hello as well as your salary.

Additionally, once you PVR you can then GEN APP requesting to be released early if you have a job to go to and can provide some form of justification (service interest) etc.

I (43 y.o. SH MACR(on PAS)) PVR'd on 31st Jul 10, last working day was 16th Sept 10, first day in new job was 4th Oct 10 (in Spain) and final day in RAF was 25th Dec 10, at which point I had been working in new job for nearly 3 months. Total flash to bang of just under 5 months.

Gratuity was paid 16th Jan 11 and pension is paid 19th of each month.

AFCS payout for neck injury took fully 6 months to process, although the medics took all blame for injury away from NVG and flying and credited it to CCS Respirator drills!